Visitors can work in Canada under the Temporary Public Policy.
By Canada’s residency policy, all temporary residents cannot work or study when their stay ends unless approved by the authorities. Visitors are generally not allowed to work or study while they are in Canada. However, due to the pandemic, conditions surrounding these regulations have changed, and restrictions have loosened.
The early wave of COVID-19 hit Canada, depriving it of its labour force. Health care is the most impacted as many doctors, nurses, and other essential healthcare providers lost their lives to COVID-19. The economy and agriculture have massively been affected. On realizing that the country’s labour market needs to boost, the government has created a temporary public policy on April 1, 2021, to allow certain visitors to seek employment in Canada. This recent development is excellent news for immigrants who aspire to live, work and study in Canada.
The temporary public policy gives migrants the full rights to seek and receive work permits. Foreign nationals who currently reside in Canada with a visitor status will now work and earn and support themselves and their family. This development is bringing smiles to the faces of many who have been affected by the pandemic. Aside from the financial gains of working in Canada, this opportunity offers temporary residents the chance to gain work experience that can help them shape their future.
In addition, applicants will be able to apply for and retain their jobs as they wait to receive their work permits.
If you’re interested, here are the requirements to apply:
– The applicant must submit an in-Canada work permit application.
– The visitor must have a temporary resident status when making the application and continue to have a temporary resident status while the decision is made.
– The visitor must have held a work permit at least 12 months before the date on which they are submitting their current work permit application.
– Upon receiving a job offer, the visitor must intend to work for the employer and job listed on the work permit application.
– The visitor must have applied for the temporary public policy exemption for visitors. The request should also remain applicable until a decision is available on their work permit.
– The visitor must not have engaged in unauthorized work of any kind and must continue to meet admissibility requirements.
Note: Applicants who fulfil these conditions should apply before midnight August 31, 2021.
E. Baka Immigration is here to provide you with the best immigration services. We are here to assist you in processing all your immigration applications. Quickly book a consultation with us today, and let us help you take full advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.